The Forum is a way for Dinefwr group members to communicate with each other when they're not actually walking! People write about:
- Comments and photographs about the walks
- Advice on equipment such as walking poles
- Things you can borrow from the group, such as walk books or maps
- Special events like our group holidays
- Anything else that's relevant and interesting for other ramblers.
We decided to keep the Forum for paid-up Dinefwr Ramblers members only, for privacy and to avoid spam messages. It is hosted by Yahoo Groups.
How can a new Ramblers Member access the Forum?
- When you join The Ramblers and nominate Dinefwr Ramblers as your local group, you'll soon receive a welcome email from our Secretary.
- We'll then also email you an invitation to join the Forum.
- Just follow the link in that to register a Yahoo ID. Please do remember your password! It's also a good idea to give alternative contact details just in case you forget.
Once you're in the Forum, you should set your Membership preferences. This is found on the top right of our page. You can choose to receive messages from the Forum by email, every time someone posts or as a Daily Digest. This is useful as you can read messages easily, and you can change the email address they are sent to.
You will need to log in through the Yahoo website to see or upload photographs. In any case, you should log in through the website about once a month to ensure your details are still active.
Please read the Guidelines for Yahoo Groups – the link is in the menu on the left of the screen. Then enjoy the Forum!
For existing members - there's a link to the Forum here: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/DinefwrRamblersGroup